Our client needs a Senior Benefits/HR Consultant who will provide leadership and administration for a range of benefit and retirement programs in addition to supporting other areas of HR as needed.
- Administers benefits (401(k) plan, defined benefit retirement plans, medical, dental, LTD, STD, and Group Term Life) according to plan documents and statutory requirements, working closely with our broker, legal counsel, and key vendors
- Offers personalized, day-to-day benefit support to employees and retirees by answering questions and troubleshooting issues
- Assists in determining the benefits that will align with the needs of our business and workforce and ensures that our processes and data systems support reliable and consistent service
- Coordinates and finalizes Summary Plan Descriptions, Plan Documents,Summary Annual Reports (SARS) and 5500’s annually
- Prepares data for plan audits and pension benefit statements. Coordinates annual discrimination testing
- Provides hands-on support to hiring managers in filling open positions by writing/placing ads, conducting phone interviews, participating on interview panels, etc.
- Leads college relations program
- Supports Wellness and Biometric incentive programs.
- Maintains the integrity of the HRIS data and system, including third-party integrations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in benefits·
- Knowledge of various benefit related legislation, including but not limited to ACA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Experienced with an HRIS, including report writing and integration with payroll and outside vendor systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborative. Experience leading projects and teams·
- Additional experience in related HR functions is desirable