Our client is hiring a Payroll Assistant who will be primarily responsible for the accurate and timely completion of payroll processing tasks, reconciliations, related reports and responding to inquiries related to payroll processes and procedures for a biweekly, multi-state payroll for 2,000+ employees.
- Assist Payroll team with preparation of biweekly payroll, including reviewing, importing and entering hours for time-entry, and processing changes, including benefit deductions, tax changes, etc.
- Contact supervisors for any missed timesheet entries
- Provide necessary support to Payroll team with various special projects (i.e. year-end merit and bonus entries, audit reports, EEO and annual Affirmative Action, annual census data, etc.)
- Administer Quarterly Medical Reimbursement program
- Generate monthly payroll reports from HRIS and payroll databases; compile ad-hoc reports as required
- Address and monitor all claims for unemployment benefits
- Maintain payroll and related documentation for personnel files
- 2 to 3 years of corporate payroll experience working on a multi-state payroll for 1000+ employees (experience within a Human Resources department preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of ADP payroll is required, experience with Workforce Now is a plus
- Understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to create spreadsheets and run reports
- Strong customer service, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy